Friday, May 27, 2016

A wrap up on 20 time!

     Preventing procrastination is what I set out to do in the beginning of 2016, and 5 months later, after a whole lot of doing exactly the opposite as well as some serious work, my 20 time project is done for the school year. I will be continuing my project because I basically tested out strategies for success on myself and I want to continue by sharing my knowledge with others and write about my findings. So far, all I’ve done towards my final product is research and begin to draft a potential guide to help with procrastination. Here is my google slides presentation which I used to aid my TED talk and soon, hopefully I will be publishing an infographic or guide to accompany this. 


     The first step that I took to bring closure to my project was give the TED talk, in which I informed my classmates about the causes to procrastination and some of the initial ways I have learnt to prevent it. My TED talk was something I actually looked forward to because I do enjoy talking about things I am passionate about. This was a different experience than the What on Earth Evolved presentation because this time it was completely up to me when it came to what I talked about, so I felt more comfortable. I think my presentation was well thought out and engaging, and I take pride in the laughs I got from the audience. For this talk, I played up my strengths in speaking which surrounds humor and tried to make my presentation relatable and funny, and I think I succeeded. But, I tend to speed up when I speak, not only in presentations but in general conversations, so my talk which while practicing was close to 5 minutes, was only 4 minutes on the actual day! I was surprised that I sped up so substantially and in the future I want to work on those dramatic pauses to emphasize my points more. Preparing and writing the speech was not very stressful because I didn’t procrastinate (haha) and my goal was to practice and get comfortable with my speech, so on the day my nerves wouldn’t cause me to mess up while presenting. As I watched the video, I would give myself a good grade in terms of the presentation but take off a few points because of my lack of a final product. But, as Mr. Orre says, its about the process not product and you can read all about my 20 time process here. After this project, I have learnt how to manage time, which was my original purpose, and I became more comfortable with speaking in front of others. I found out that finishing tasks is actually very gratifying, so if I don’t let my laziness dictate my work ethic, getting stuff done is actually pretty great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment