Friday, May 27, 2016

Pig Dissection

The pig dissection lab corresponded with our anatomy and physiology unit by asking the essential question, “How can we identify parts of a pig’s anatomy and relate its structures to the human body and processes?”. This dissection put all the systems and parts of the body we have been learning this unit into perspective, by being a hands on model to explore each of them. My favorite part of the dissection was probably when we looked at the digestive system and the intestines because seeing the small intestine actually proved how long and coiled up it is! I think this dissection was a valuable experience not only because of the scientific knowledge we gained but because I’m now less grossed out by these types of labs. Before coming into this lab, I would almost faint at the sight of blood and I’m proud of myself for not only sitting through the lab, but also helping out here and there, which was something I thought I could never do!

You can watch a tutorial on our lab here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_tTXnivR1s

No comments:

Post a Comment